In 2017, there were 5,092 reported cases of Lyme disease in the state of NJ, the highest yearly total in nearly two decades, according to new data from the New Jersey Department of Health. In northeastern states, the tick infection rate is among the highest in the country. Deer ticks can be carried by deer, mice, raccoons, squirrels, birds, dogs and cats which are in all yards. Most bites occur in people’s own yard.
Be safe and check out our Tips & Tricks for Tick Prevention
1. Blacklegged ticks, which carry Lyme disease, are a threat any time of year when temperatures are above freezing. Most tick bites occur in May, June, July, August, and September when peak tick population coincides with high outdoor activity. It is always best to take preventive measures to reduce your risk.
2. Avoid tick-infested areas such as wooded and brushy areas with high grass and leaf litter. Cut down, clean or stay away from these areas.
3. Remove old log piles and debris where rodents can harbor.
4. Consider using bait boxes for mice or tick tubes.
5. Limit deer browsing on your property by replacing plants with deer resistant varieties and/or applying deer sprays, deterrents, netting, fencing, etc.
6. Keep bird feeders along the perimeter of your property.
7. When outdoors on school fields, hiking, camping, etc. consider a spraying a repellent on your clothes. Repeat that's clothes, not skin! Always read the product label before use.
8. Protect your pets with a repellent or collar as well, again always read the product label. Inspect yourself, children and pets every time you come inside during high-risk times of the year.
9. Shower up every night after being outdoors, to play it safe just shower up every night. Ticks take a few hours before they bite so a morning shower is typically too late.
10. The U.S.Center for Disease Control recommends spraying your yard for ticks. With our effective tick control treatments, you will greatly reduce the risk of Lyme disease and many other dangerous tick-borne diseases to your family, friends, and pets.
Tick & Flea Control Services In Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Summit, NJ & Surrounding Areas
The Lawn Techs can professionally treat your yard with the newest, low toxic, extremely effective liquid tick spray. We also offer 100% natural organic options.
Relax and enjoy the benefits of being outdoors. Schedule your free tick and flea control analysis and estimate today! If you're located in any of our service areas, call us today at (888) 529-6832
1.888.LawnTec Services Inc. “Environmentally Responsible Lawn, Plant & Pest Specialists” ®
1888LawnTec.com All rights reserved.